It consists of 1x weekly live virtual Group Coaching sessions with other parents of LGBTQIA+ youth.
There is also a 1x/week Q+A session to answer all of your questions.
When my kid came out in the 5th grade, I didn't "not" believe them, but I also thought, "huh, it must be trending with gen Z".
Fast forward to today, as my kid enters High School, I've learned A LOT. As a licensed therapist specializing in adolescent mental health, you would think I was prepared for all of this! However, what I've learned in the process of throwing myself into the research, the mental healthcare system, the education system, the grieving process, the stress-inducing conversations, & my own traditional Asian, Trump-Supporting, God-fearing family systems, here's what I learned:
I learned to choose my kid.
I truly have never felt so authentically happy in my life.
I am happy because I am at peace. I feel confident in my child's future. I'm not saying my life is perfect. What I'm saying is that it takes courage.
Courage to look in the mirror. Courage to listen to your child. Courage to unlearn the programming and beliefs that no longer serve you.
If you would like to deepen your connection with your child and learn how to guide them in becoming the best versions of themselves, please join me in the Courageous Parenting Program.
Coaching could be for you if…
- You are the loving, supportive parent or caregiver of a person who is questioning their gender or has come out as transgender
- You are at the beginning of this process and
you’re not quite sure what to expect
- You want to learn more about how to actively support someone who is transitioning
- You might want a plan for how to talk with other family members, teachers, school administrators, etc. about your child’s identity and how to best support them
- You have questions and concerns regarding medical care and what to expect
- You want to create an expansive home environment that supports identity exploration
- You are curious about parenting or teaching differently than you experienced growing up
- You are aware of the oppressive nature of the gender binary but aren't sure what to do next
- You are thinking about raising a child without an assigned gender
What customers are saying...
“Haylin created a space for us to be vulnerable and offered support as we shared all our hopes and fears. Our family is thriving right now, in great part to our very fortunate connection to Haylin.”